DID YOU KNOW?
Out of 100 new company launches, 86 improve more or less the existing offer, only 14 innovate creating pioneer products and services are game changers.
The 14 innovators bring 38% of the total revenue and take over 62% of the total profit
How do pioneers differentiate? What’s their secret?
90% of Startups fail in their first 2 years due to high production costs and low differentiation.
You can be one of the 10% successful ones. Successful businesses are off to a good start.
Competition becomes irrelevant if you offer exceptional and unique utility to a large mass at an affordable price.
Add to that a way to have high volume at low production costs and and you get the most awarded business growth strategy of all time.
Blue Ocean Strategy is a new way of thinking about your own business.
A FEW INDUSTRY SECTORS IN ROMANIA
WHAT DOES COMPETITION LOOK LIKE?
In the IT sector, the “wonder child” of the economy, 5% of the players generate 84% of the total revenue and 63% of the profit.
Top 50 pharmacies out of 4,534 generate 60% of total revenue and 50% of total profit.
The top 25 medical general practice offices of 2,046 generate 40% of total revenue and 20% of total profit.
The top 25 medical specialty and surgical clinics of 4,591 generate 55% of total revenue and 15% of total profits.
WHY BLUE OCEAN STRATEGY ?These are examples of bloody red oceans.
Very few are pioneers or have become “trendsetters” or global players or have made a spectacular “exit”. These include Vector – acquired by FitBit, Brainient Teads, TalentBuddy by Udemy and eMag de Naspers.
In the health sector, there are some pioneers including Alphega in the distribution and pharmacy area, Bloomizon in the food supplement area, Aurora St. Luke from the US in the area of Liver Transplant Prevention, Garbage Clinical Insurance, medical insurance in exchange for garbage collection in Indonesia and SkyTel that provides virtual medical care in Latin America.
The vast majority of companies have small growth and profits.
I accelerated growth with
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Do you want to have your own business and maybe you already have an idea?
How do you avoid the head-on competition in the same market in the bowl? How do you head toward a blue ocean of new markets, in which you are unique?
Are you about to start your own business, or maybe you already started it?
You have already made a capital choice: in the bowl or in the ocean? Do you share the same market with your competitors, or are you creating your own blue ocean free of competition?
You started your business a while ago and are in full swing. You are concerned about becoming more important than your competitors.
What is your game? To be a big player in a limited market or create your own blue ocean, where competition is irrelevant?
Have you been in business long? You are a well known and respected player, feeling that the good old days seem to have passed.
You grew as much you could in a relentless, head-on competition. Now you reached low growth and low profit but still hoping for large volumes.
A PENCIL IN A CROWD OR UNIQUE?
You will benefit from the group synergy and 1-1 attention while keeping your ideas discrete and confidential. Webinars | Online Community | Buddies
The Journey to Blue Oceans
We will take a Strategy Tour and visit a few representative businesses in retail, services and products as customers, potential customers and “non-customers”.
You will distinguish the business, brand and product or service strategy of a few representative global and local brands, of businesses large and small.
You will have the direct experience of businesses in the jar, with very high competition and of those in the ocean with little or no competition. The impact on your idea of business and/or your business will be immediate, profound and irreversible.
This workshop is for you if:
- you are a beginner thinking about starting your own business and want to define a business idea or perhaps you have one and want to have a good start, and avoid being one of the 90% who fail in the first 2 years;
- you are an old timer in the market and want to revive your business and add to your portfolio pioneer products and services, that are unique with high growth and profit;
- You just started your business and want to put your energy, time and resources on what really matters;
- You’re on a roll, growing and expanding rapidly and want to make sure that you stay on course, that you maintain a high level of differentiation and profitable growth.
You will receive the tools for a complete evaluation of your and your competitors’ offering today and in the foreseeable future.
Afterwards you can make the leap toward accelerated growth .
- You will see your market boundaries and the industry in which you are in now and their constraints on your business in the future.
- You will distinguish and describe with a tagline your industry “ bowl ” and its walls.
Your company growth followed a certain pattern so far which will become apparent and will help you reassess your expectations.
- You will precisely see how innovative you are in comparison to your competitors.
- You will distill your strategy and your competitors in two simple taglines with the use of the Strategy Canvas.
Next, we will look together beyond the bowl, into the ocean of new markets where the noncustomers of your industry are today.
Buyers in your industry already have pains and joys in their experience with your products and services.
To know how to find these and interpret them is a crucial step towards differentiation and providing an experience in utility unavailable in today’s market.
In Module 2 you will:
- discover what customers really buy
- see what is your current strategy in sales;
- learn on your own who holds the key information for differentiation and growth in your market without the need for a marketing team or a typical market study.
Next, you will aggregate your interview results in a “treasure” map to:
- show the extent to which the key competitive factors established in your industry are relevant to capturing the ocean of potential buyers;
- and where the opportunity for growth is.
Now you are ready to jump into the ocean.
6 Paths lead to your blue ocean.
In Module 3 you will use each of the six paths and you will create 6-10 “wow” strategies for high volume customers in your business.
Your strategy will take shape as you:
- you will eliminate, reduce, raise and create just like in a lego game, the key competitive factors and their offering level and
- you will create new competitive factors, that will ensure your uniqueness and access to a new market, where there is no competition.
Fresh out of the lab, your strategy is concentrated in a tagline that says it all and ready to be validated with your customers and non-customers.
Before cruising at sea, you have to pass another test.
After the Strategy Fair:
- you are assured that you offer a “wow” value to a large existing customer industry, and
- especially for Non-Customers that Now refuse the industry offer or are kept captive until someone offers them something better.
It is now the time to deal with the other side of the method: the affordable price and the low cost of production, i.e. the “wow” value for business.
By the end of this stage, you will have your final strategy, and your action plan to navigate in your Blue Ocean.
And then sail!
WHAT PARTICIPANTS SAY
“I spent tens and hundreds of hours in meetings with auditors about who the key customers are and how to find their needs. This cost me probably a few hundreds of thousands of euros! But in all these years, no one asked the questions that Dan did. Questions with the power to reshape and rethink reality. I saw something that was there for a long time, but eluded me so far.”– Gina Calagiu
“I just became an entrepreneur and am supporting myself from my piggy bank, but I would have paid even double for Dan’s workshop. The value that I got in these two days exceeds anyway the course fee. Blue Ocean Strategy is not only my way develop my current and future businesses, but also a form of a day-to-day way to organize myself.”–Alexandru Radu
“The workshop opens your eyes and mind to a totally new paradigm, a new way of seeing the industry in which one operates and, more so, discover unsuspected dimensions for business potential for everyone involved in the game. Just like riding a bicycle, once you get balance, you never forget it. Once you look at your business and your industry through Blue Ocean Strategy you can not go back to looking at things from the old perspective that is – all to common and with very low ROI. “– Gabriela Munteanu
“During the two days I thought only about how to apply the method in the company I run. After I completed the workshop, I wanted to buy it for my husband. He is thinking for a long time make a change in career and I think it might refocus him on the fly, without the need for a rest period.”– Daniela Munteanu
“In Dan’s workshop I understood that if I really want to have my own business, I have to change how I think and act. If I do so or not or if I can do this or not, it is only up to me.”– Angelica Procopie
- The program is designed for all entrepreneurs (aspiring, newcomers or old timers) who have a stake in the matter, who want to undertake something new and fresh on their own or in their companies.
- The program is not for those coerced to participate or to see what’s new in the training market, or with “tell me what to do” and “feed me” attitude..
- Confidentiality Agreement: This program is open to all companies and is based on several pillars, including that of being authentic. It is very hard if not impossible to be authentic in environment you do not trust.You can authentically participate in the program while maintaining the confidentiality. There is no need to say a person’s name or share company sensitive information. It is up to you to honor and respect your privacy and the privacy of others.
- Proprietary Materials: the essential concepts of the program are patented and developed over 30 years, with substantial resources invested in research and development by Aperio in partnership with the Barbados group and Vanto Group. By signing the proprietary materials agreement you express your consent to not use these materials for commercial purposes.
- Yes! This program is mainly offered in house in companies, where only key people dedicated to specific projects and attaining the next level of performance participate. If you are interested in bringing this program to your company, contact me directly for details.
- In this program you will have access to the most recognized and awarded high growth high profit business strategy.
- You will get benefits even during the program as you discover new perspectives for opportunity, action and results. You will get to your own Blue Ocean only with sustained action. It is up to you how fast you reach your target. One thing is for sure, after the successful completion of the 4 modules you will certainly be on the right track.
- Those who want to ensure the fulfillment of their business plan, continue with a followup 1-1 or team coaching sessions, as needed.
- The diploma is to recognize your full participation and your getting key concepts of Blue Ocean Strategy, a framework studied at the most presitgious and innovative business schools such as INSEAD and successfully applied throughout the world, including in Romania.
- The diploma does not certify you as a Blue Ocean Strategy practitioner.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.